Monday, March 31, 2008

President Blodgett??

Yesterday after church I was sitting in my friends apartment and we were talking about the recent student elections that took place here at BYU. A kid from our ward won the election and will be the student body president for this university. He has asked some friends from the ward to work with him on different commitees. I have learned that this kid and those that will be working with him don't pay for school. Tuition, book, lab fees, etc. are all paid for due to him being elected. He also has a part time job up on campus were he is required to put in 20 to 30 hours a week. Yes his work load will be great however he is the student body president of a major university and receiving money at the same time!! How great does that look on a resume! Anyways... I got to thinking that this type of stuff is in my blood... Brett Blodgett Student Body President of BYU-Idaho...! I would then have a part time job doing something important and fun and getting school paid for, while gaining experience and learning!! I want to hear your ideas... Should I maybe run for it? I was thinking that if elected I could pull any string I wanted and probably change my track to Fall, Winter or even get into BYU after my term was served. I was thinking that I could do some car washes and raise some money to run a sweet campaign that won't accept defeat. I asked Denae if she would come to Idaho to help me campaign and then I thought I could be like Mitt and have all the brothers and sisters come up and help me win. The Blodgetts would sweep through campus until my slogan, "Don't Fret, Vote For Brett" was sounded in every ear. We could give out free donuts, have a dunk tank, wear bright colors, have wrist bands, suckers, candy, and fun activities! If any family could pull this off it would be ours... so what do you think? Should I try to "get a little taste of the glory, to see what is tastes like?"... Let me know...
Should I run for office?

11 comments:

D-dawg said...

Brett you know I"m there for you 100%. We could run a great campaign if the fam got together. You are such a smoozer you could have the entire campus paying YOU to shake their hand. We do need some sort of fundraiser so we can make tee shirts/signs and have parties. I'll get Lexi and Logan to set up a lemonade stand on Saturday and see how much they can earn... also, try writing Mitt and ask him to back you. He has money coming out his ears.

We need more ideas...

people???

Chadders said...

Brett, this is the best idea I have heard in a long time! It is totally in your blood. And it would be a great experience for when you run for your local government office, and then the USA, and then "maybe the world!"

You need to look into the details. I'm sure there are campaign finance rules about how much you can use, where you can get those funds from, etc. Otherwise, all the rich kids would just get a million bucks and buy everyone Craigos for a year to get elected.

A really good source would be Rob Lechtenburg. He was in BYU leadership and knows all about the campaigns, and how to win. I got his number.

THIS WOULD BE AWESOME!

Julie said...

Brett - this is TOTALLY YOU! You've got to do it and you know you've got our support. We'll drive out and help you campaign. I like your slogan too:) When I ran for Student body secretary in Jr. High I passed out gum that had wrappers that said "Chews Julie" Pretty cheesy, but hey! I was elected. So my vote is GO FOR IT!

theblodgettbuzz said...

do it for sure (landon)

Emily said...

brett, you know no one else in the world could be a better student body president than you!! you are such a natural leader, and everyone loves you!...p.s. i will have a bake sale this weekend to raise money, psh.who needs money for europe when you could be the future byu-i student body pres?!! teasin

Dave said...

Bust out the teeth-whitening gel... Brett's running for office!!!

Brett, you're not just the man... you're mega-the-man!!! MEGAMAN!!!

How can we work that into the campaign?

Brett... I will run around campus in a horse costume with you on my back dressed as a knight... YOU CAN NEVER LOSE!!!

Seriously... I like "Don't fret, vote for Brett!" I have a good feeling about this...

After busy season, I can brainstorm, and help come up with some sweet campaign ideas...

Go Brett!

devin said...

Brett you should definetly do it. Think of some changes you could make to BYU-I as well so that you are not just doing it for the "glory" but you will bring needed change to the University.

I will be your campaign manager if you need one...and I will come to my old stomping grounds and see what strings I could pull (teasin...i have none, but I will come).

Vote for Brett!!!!!!!!

angie said...

Bretters... i agree with everyone- you would rule the school, and no one would ever fret! I back you 100% as well and I really think this is your thing! Great idea!!

Vote for Brett!

Kaley said...

You know I'm all for it! You would do a great job and it would be lots of fun! It might help me get in next year if I could say my brother is the pres haha Vote for Brett!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Blodgett Buzz said...

Brett,

You should totally run for BYU-I student body pres! It is definitely right up your alley. We would completely support you so just let me know what to do to help out.

Kim