Tuesday, July 22, 2008

High Adventure!

This past week Mom, Dad and I went on High Adventure for girls camp. It was tons of fun and very adventurous, almost to the point of deadly. We'll tell you details and stories when we see you because its too much to type. The first day we went rappeling. 80 ft cliff. The second day we climbed Half Dome. 17 miles in one day. The third day we went on a 1500 ft zipline 60 ft up in the air at Moaning Caverns. The fourth day we went whitewater rafting on the American River, classes 3, 4 and 5. Friday we went on a 14 mile bike ride up in Tahoe on the famous Flume trail. Very hard and very terrifying. Its a miracle no one died. Then we came home. Fun week.

Here are some pictures.














This is me and Moriah Doman dangling our feet over the edge. Mom and dad were freaking out.














We all made a huge deal about this because Kelly started reading the Ensign in the car and she came across this article which basically says how this girl got converted because she went to girls camp and read a touching article in the Ensign. We had to get a picture =)













1 comment:

James said...

Wow Kaley, you gals really go all out for Girls Camp/High Adventure.

I just took my 11 year old scouts on a little hike (6 miles) and they struggled the whole way. I guess that means I should have them hike some more.

Emily and I were thinking that you and your family might like to see the Evans Blog. It is a closed blog so I would have to invite you guys via your email.

You can email me at dumpthegarbage@yahoo.com or call me (208) 680-5393 with your email addresses and we'll get you set up.

I enjoyed you blog.

James Evans