Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Challenge Anyone???

Guys. Today I have challenged myself to read the Book of Mormon from front to back cover by April 15th. I know we are studying the New Testament at church so obviously that is important to read too, but I just really need to read the BOM. So, does anyone want to join me??? I plan on doing personal reading everyday and also, to help myself out, we will be reading where I am with the family at night too. We've been doing the picture scripture books with the kids for awhile but I'm going to try just reading the plain old scriptures to them and see how it goes. Anyway, the challenge is to start today and finish on April 15th. If you want to do it, comment here and we'll help eachother keep up on it.

Thanks, love you guys,

Denae

8 comments:

D-dawg said...

yay Kays! this will be a great way for you to prepare. I'm excited for you to get your blessing.

D-dawg said...

by the way, I just counted and there are 239 chapters in the BOM and we have 77 days until the 15th. So that means we need to read 3 chapters a day and every 10th day or so, read 4 chapters. Sounds pretty easy.

angie said...

I will do it too! Hey, everyone needs an added measure of the spirit in their lives. Plus, I'm so excited to take Preston to the temple and reading will help prepare me spiritually for that day. I'm in!

D-dawg said...

cool Ang, I'm glad you joined. I'll post every week and let you know where we're supposed to be in our reading. Do you have Preston's temple date set?

angie said...

Preston's court date is May 25th 11:00
That's when he is legally ours!! I think we will take him to the temple the next day. The 26th. I haven't arranged it with the temple yet so I will let everyone know the details. Hopefully it isn't the same week as Dustin's farewell!
p.s. I read my chapters...this will be so good for me. Great idea!

The Dustblog said...

I'll jump in this! except im in alma. How about i finish and then start and finish again! Sweet! Good plan!

D-dawg said...

that sounds fine Dust. We have to read 3 chapters a day (and 4 a few times) to finish by the 15th so you'll have to do more than that obviously. But I'm glad you joined... you can do it!

D-dawg said...

I'm glad you're in Pete. We are reading to the kids from the regular scriptures now too and so far it's going well.