Saturday, June 28, 2008

A day in the Sun!

Ok so these last couple of weeks the weather here in Rexburg has been so nice. It has stayed pretty much in the 80s but as I was looking at the weather forecast this last week it said that Saturday it was going to be 90 degrees. I came up with the best idea ever... to rent a canoe from the campus outdoor center and float down the river with Emily. So thats what I did. I showed up Saturday to pick up the Canoe but they had double booked everything and there was no more left. So instead we got two river tubes to float down peacefully and enjoy the beautiful day. The date began and as we floated down, we ate our lunches and it was a lot of fun. We saw a baby deer and its mother drinking from the river. We saw a beaver swimming up stream with a branch in its mouth and we also saw a otter swimming around. But then it begun... The river started to branch off in different directions... there were forks and I didn't have any map and had never floated down the river before. We hadn't see any people or even signs of civilization for a while and so we didn't have anyone to ask!! We just kept choosing the bigger part of the river and the one with the most current. Then after three hours of floating down I started to wonder if we were ever going to arrive at the destination where my car was. Then the current stopped... I told Emily to hold on to my feet as I paddled... then the mosquitos started to come out!! Ok to make the story short it took us four hours to get to the park. The first three were great but then I had to paddle as my body was being eatin by mosquitoes... My roommate later counted and I had 119 bites on my back and they were all over my legs too... we finally did get to the park. But really what was I thinking, we could have ended up in the middle of no where! Also how am I not dead? How am I not lost? Do I have the West Nile virus? How is this girl Emily still talking to me? I might add that a flock of birds almost attacked us as we floated under and bridge where all their nests were! It was an interesting day and defiantly a fun memory!! (Sorry I don't have any real pictures!)

3 comments:

D-dawg said...

Bretters, where are the real pictures?!?! That is the craziest story ever. I'm almost positive you are going to die young... either west nile, tuberculosis, or some sort of freak accident on one of your adventures! You are SO lucky you made it back to your car. HF has got your back for sure.

Dave said...

Brettness!!!
That was a crazy story! Tell Emily she's busted for not splashing the mosquitoes off your back! It was funny how the trip started out all serene and calm, then turned into a nightmare... Basically like Bambi.

Well, I'm glad you guys made it out alive! Good job!

You're still da best!

angie said...

That's wild Brett! if you start to have flu-like symptoms, immediately seek medical attention!