Monday, September 04, 2006

Cars have souls


I liked Dave's idea of just browsing through pictures and then finding one to blog about so...I found this picture of our trusty Honda Accord. Others in the family (i.e. Dave and Devin) may have an emotional bond with this car as well. The Honda a.k.a. "The Oven" (no air conditioning) was given to us - actually I think we bought it for $5.00 for tax reasons - by Dave. This was the car that Chad would pick me up in when we were dating at BYU. I think Devin also wooed Kim with this car come to think of it. That car has seen some action....teasin! After Devin left for the summer we used the Oven again. When we would take it in for safety and emmisions, they told us basically that it could blow up any second. There would be smoke coming out from under the hood and oil leaking - but that car would always run!! Even though it's a lot older and has a lot more miles on it than our Toyota - the Toyota is currently dead. Anyways - I think cars have souls and that the Oven had a good soul. Sadly we betrayed it and sold it for $250 on Craigslist. I wonder how he's doing....

2 comments:

D-dawg said...

I also have fond memories with the oven. Like the time I should have died when I tried to drive it up hill in the snow. The good old honda didn't fail me though, and I'm here today. I"m glad everyone has enjoyed it and gotten use out of it. Thanks to Tom for buying it in the first place and to Adam for giving it to us. Long live the oven!!!

D-dawg said...

Croikey mate! The oven's gone! That was a great ride. It's pretty funny that it outlived the Toyota... maybe. Isn't it fun pulling out old pictures? Thanks for blogging Julie!